Tuesday, August 2, 2011

School and Preschool starts soon!!

This summer seemed to fly by. I cannot believe how soon school is starting. Cambree will be going to Kindergarten full day which is going to be so weird for me. She is so excited to go and we actually did some fun school shopping last week and got her a backpack and lunchbox. We find out who her teacher is Friday and school starts the following Tuesday. CRAZY!!

Amidst all that, I have also been preparing for Preschool which starts the 15th but our Open House is next Thursday evening. I am so excited about this year. I have got so many new ideas and some awesome centers this year.

Here's my room. I know its not much, but I still like it.

The floor is a mess because the kids insist on playing with the toys when I'm in there. But it gives you an idea. In the corner is my art center and where we'll be painting, doing playdough, a new sensory table, cutting glueing- all those fun things.

Here is our calendar corner.

Our chicka chicka boom boom trees where we will add each new letter to it as we learn them and in the corner is our reading nook with new comfy friends to sit on.

Today as part of my preparation, we colored rice for the August sensory tub. The kids LOVED it.



Then we sat them out to dry, which didn't take long in this heat :)


Put it in our tub....

And the kids gave it a test run. I think its going to be a huge success. Just have to work on keeping it in the bin.



So here's to one more week of running around getting stuff done and hopefully to a fun year in Kindergarten and Preschool!!

1 comments:

Sherri Romney said...

How do you do it all? You are seriously amazing. It is all I can do to stay sane caring for my children and hanging at home all day. :)
The room looks so so good. You did such a great job on it! And I love the colored rice idea!