Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Crafting my rear off!!

This week, Cambree and Ridge are with their Grandma and Grandpa Meikle at Disneyland. They are in heaven. To be quite honest, I am missing them greatly and so sad I am not there with them experiencing all that comes with them there. But we were planning on painting this week but that got pushed back. So I had an open week with only Brecklynn and decided to get some stuff done.

With Brecklynn being the only one here, she is getting spoiled rotten. She gets more attention than she ever has. Its been interesting to watch her patterns change. She usually wakes up 3 times a night and gets up at 6 for the day. Ironically, with out her brother and sister here, she hasn't woken up at all at night and sleeps in till 8:00. I thought this whole time, that she was just not sleep trained. No it has everything to do with sharing a room. So it will be so nice to get them in seperate rooms.

This is from Sunday- she was cracking us up. She wanted her hair done and just loved making all kinds of faces. I love this little girl so much :)

These are just a few of the things I have been doing lately. This sign was actually changed last minute. It was supposed to hold our ironing board, but then we realized our ironing board is different than the average and can't be hung without defeating the whole purpose of the board. So it got changed to this :

I am always having problems with Curtis' pants and him forgetting (or me forgetting) to check his pockets before they go in, so this is a little reminder and a nice place to put things I do find.

This is just a cute idea. It is a place to put all those 'lost' single socks.

Not sure how much I like this sign yet, but we'll see when it gets in his room. It didn't quite come out how I pictured. But oh well.

This is for Ridge's room. Its a height measuring board. I love it.

We've had this dresser for awhile thanks to our mother-in-law. Ridge had broken off the face of one of the drawers and we almost called it a loss and was looking for other dressers. But funding just doesn't allow us to go and get a new dresser. So I decided to fix it up. So for the cost of 2 cans of spray paint, I re-did the dresser. It was a weird tanish-yellowish color (sorry I didn't take a before pic). The knobs were a bronze color. So I just painted the knobs the metallic color, painted the dresser a white satin and then stenciled butterflies on it. I am satisfied. Its not the best but it works and I am happy with it.

This is hard to see but its a set of 9 mirrors. This is all from the dollar store. I am happy about it. Its for my entry I am thinking. A cheap way to get a mirror. I just painted the canvases black and took frames and just used the glass and put the mirrors on them. I can't wait to see it up.

There's a couple more projects I haven't quite finished yet but I am close. I feel like there is still so much to do.

We are hoping to start painting the house this Friday so we'll see. Its getting close :)