Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Creativity needed...

Okay, so I am in need of some creative ideas for my kids. I feel terrible. These last couple of weeks, I have been slacking big time on getting to do things with my kids. The heat is a major factor in that but I just feel like such a terrible mom. Usually they only watch tv in the morning and a show right before bed, but I am sorry to admit that they have watched a lot more tv because I am not sure what else to do to entertain them. Luckily we do have Cambree's dance class that does take up a very large portion of the day, but there are several hours before and after that leave me struggling to keep everyone busy and happy. Everything I think of, I just cringe at doing because the clean up is going to be terrible. So I need your ideas. All of you with active little ones, what do you do with them all day? Any little activities, or ideas would be great!!!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

So I don't really have any ideas, sorry. I do however want to say don't be too hard on yourself...HELLO, you are 35 weeks pregnant! I have days where I feel like I am not interactive enough with my only child, and I am negative 2 years pregnant : )

Erin said...

I feel the same struggle! Just with a younger kid.

Has Rachel had her baby yet? Will you email me her phone number please?

Jenny said...

Wow. Well, I will agree with the other two ladies and say, hello, yeah you are about to have a baby.

This is what we do:
My girls love to play house, they play with their play dough, we read books(go to the library), color and do projects that i can help them with glue and they are practicing using sicssors. we bake treats and give them to neighbors and friends, sometimes we just go to target or walmart and walk around and just look at things. playdates where they are just in a different environment can do wonders too. sometims the movie theatres have either free or $1 movies that you can go to, just check their website. Hope this helps.Check out my blog for more ideas

Stacie Aho said...

I am feeling the same way with summer here. It's hard to get out with a little one. We have been visiting splash pads every week or so.

Do you have any friends that you can get together with and play outside with the kids. Moms can sit in the shade, and kids can play in baby pools, sprinklers, and even buckets of water.

MJ loves to make forts (okay, he loves ME to make him forts). You can make them a fort and put in books/blocks... just some stuff for them to have fun with.

Play dough. Not too messy usually.

Do you have a movie theater close by that does the cheap morning movies? We go once a week to Harkins to see a movie from last year.

That's some ideas... but I still feel like our TV is on A LOT. MJ asks for it at meal time all the time, and I'm trying to wean him from that. I hate it when he's totally zoned out.

Good luck!