Thursday, May 19, 2011

Brielle is 2 weeks

Where have these two weeks gone? Its been such a fast two weeks. While life has been hectic and a blur, I'm trying to soak it all in.

I've truly forgotten how small newborns are. I love to cuddle her and just watch her sleep. Cambree, Ridge and Brecklynn cannot get enough of her. They are CONSTANTLY asking to hold her. Every move she makes or sound she makes, the kids get so excited. They are always wanting her to go downstairs to play. It will be fun to see how they all interact when she is older.

She's already grown so much these past couple weeks. In fact, at her one week appt. they checked her length and told me that she was measuring 20 1/2 inches. I had them double check it and yep that's what she's measuring. So her official record shows 18 and she was amazing and grew 2 1/2 inches in a week. She was also weighing 7 lbs. 11 oz. Down from her 7 13 when she was discharged from the hospital. They just told me to continue to supplement with her. She's a great eater, but nursing is just not my thing.

I want to look back at Brecklynn's first couple weeks to compare but Brielle is having some major gas issues. Its made for many long sleepless nights. Very hard. She just cries and its a hurt cry when you touch her tummy. I feel bad for her. She prefers to be held but even that doesn't work all the time. You have to constantly be moving her or something to help soothe her. I think Brecklynn suffered like this as well for about 3 months and then she was the happiest baby. We'll see.

She is awake a lot more. Its been fun to watch her check out this big world around her. She will sit awake for a couple hours in the morning.

I feel bad that I haven't taken more pictures than I have. I've tried to capture moments here and there but its been hard to do so all the time. We did take her to church last week which was ok. I just kept getting tons of questions from people. People kept commenting too on how much she looks like Ridge. She really really does.

Brecklynn loves Brielle but is having a hard time being clingy. I know she is just struggling for attention. She is seriously connected to my hip. I am hoping it will pass soon. But luckily she shows no dislike for Brielle herself. She gives her kisses all the time and loves to hold her. So for that I am very grateful.

So here's to surviving the next couple weeks. I hope I won't be as sleep deprived as I am right now but I know this will pass soon either way so I am trying to take it all in.

These pictures were taken by my SIL Rachel Allen when Brielle was 6 days old. Brielle had a hard time posing and sleeping but at least these turned out. Thanks Rachel.












3 comments:

Erin said...

The pictures are beautiful! I love every single one. Great job Rachel!

Chantel, I hope you start getting some sleep! It shouldn't last too much longer. That is always the hardest part with a newborn. Let me know if I can help. I'd love to pick up your kids one of these mornings so you can take a long nap.

Lisa said...

ADORABLE!! You too make the cutest babies and they turn into the cutest kids!!! Congrats!

Lisa said...

Oops, I mean you two not too.