Sunday, May 9, 2010

Tribute to Mothers in my life!

I love mother's day. Of course, I love all the little gifts I get and the tribute to motherhood in general, but I love it more becuase it gives me a reason to recognize the wonderful women in my life that has helped shape me to be who I am today.

I was so blessed to grow up among some of greatest women alive. My two Grandmas- Grandma Meikle and Grandma McKnight are some of the most selfless women I know. They have been so awesome examples to me especially now as a mother myself. I look back at the traditions, attributes, and examples they were to me growing up. I truly hope I can aspire to be half the women/mothers they are. I love you both so much.

Then of course there is my mom. I was blessed to grow up in a large family. I was the lucky oldest. I got to watch my mom with my younger siblings and I know she helped me at an early age to be a good mom and wife. I've told this to my mom before, but she's definitely become one of my best friends. I call almost every day and she makes me feel like I'm doing a great job even though I know she's just doing her job as a mother and praising me. She helps me so much. Even living 3 hours away, she is willing to drop whatever to come help me if I need it. She gives me advice and helps me stay sane when I'm at my breaking point. I appreciate her so much more as a mother than ever before and I love her more than I could ever describe. Happy Mother's Day Mom!


Then there is of course, the other women I have come to learn and love in my life. Curtis' Grandma is such a blessing in our lives. Living next door, we get to see her almost daily and my kids love her so much.

Then there is my mother-in-law Pat. Living so close to her, I've learned to appreciate and respect her. She is so willing to help anyone if she can. She does double duty right now of helping her parents full-time and also makes sure to spread her time amongst her kids and grand-kids where she can. I hope she knows how much I appreciate her and all she does for me and my family.

These are just a few of the mother's in my life but there are so many more than have played a crucial part in my life over the years and have helped me in so many areas. I hope they all know how much I love and appreciate them.

Happy Mother's Day!!

0 comments: