Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Mother's Day Goodies

So my husband did awesome this year for mother's day. I don't know if its the guilt I've piled on him over the years or what, but he went beyond my expectations. So Friday he tells me he doesn't think my gift will be here in time for mother's day so he would just show me a picture. The picture below is what I got. I couldn't believe it. We'd talked about it for a long time but the reality was I still had a good Nikon that worked relatively well but had small quirks. Well he decided I needed it and told me to get it. Well I wrote Becky McArthur about it and the one we were wanting and where would the best place to get it from be. Turns out, she was selling the same camera. So we went down yesterday to look at it and I was so excited!! I had to get it. So I got my new camera- a Canon 50d. I don't know it very well yet because I did have a Nikon before and they both work completely different, but the little I have done on it, I LOVE!! So I'm very excited to really get used to it and start taking 'AMAZING' pictures (note the sarcasm).


This is the first picture I took on this new camera. It is over at Becky's house.

Then, as if the camera wasn't enough, he got me these beautiful flowers. He also did the dishes (my least favorite chore) and helped me clean. Really made a great day for me.


Cambree sang today in church for the first time. She was so excited!! She went up there but unfortunately I really couldn't see her. She was placed on the stairs and could only see the tops of her head. She did make me a cupcake though in primary. Very cute. I love that my kids are getting older and understand these little days more and more. Makes it more fun for me :)
I hope all the women out there had a wonderful day!!

2 comments:

Bon said...

Curtis is moving up! Must have been from us ganging up on him! haha. Now I feel almost bad! Sounds like an awesome day! You deserve it!

Rachel said...

You know I am so jealous of your camera! I can't wait to start seeing your amazing pictures with it! -And I'm sure they will be amazing, because of your 3 adorable little models.