Sunday, July 17, 2011

Brielle is 2 months (or so)

She is actually 2 months and like 2 weeks, but better late than never.

This month has been a very stressful and hard month. I thought the first was hard...little did I know.

First let's start off with her stats

Weight 9 lbs. 1 oz. 5 %
Length 22 35%
Head is 14 inches 10%

She is still very small and hasn't even gained a pound since birth. She on many accounts, looks still just like a newborn. This month has been extremely frustrating. My mother-in-law got the info of an herbalist to check out as a possible avenue for Brielle. I was very skeptical to begin with. We did a consult just to see what she thought and if what she offered would even help. She looked at her and said right away that there was no way that it was colic. She thought it was more along the lines of acid reflux. She put her on her machine which is a machine that puts electrodes in her through patches on her back and belly. She was on it for 27 minutes. She asked us to come back the next day for another treatment.

Well I have been doing this for the past month. I can tell you that I do see it helping. How it all works I don't know but it does do something that allows her to relax finally and eat. The therapist thought she would only need 3 appointments at most just to get whatever it is in her, out. Well after stopping for a day, her symptoms relapse and she is terrible again.

I have gone back to the Dr. and he finally agreed with me that it is more like acid reflux and gave her some medicine for it. Well she throws that up every time we give it to her no matter how slow or anything. So back to square one. Well I just stuck with therapy appointments and they have been working but she is still so small. My mother-in-law has been very worried about her growth and eating overall. After the 4th holiday, there was a lapse of 4 days without a treatment and she was doing horrible. Got her back on the treatments and then left again for our vacation. This was the first time that someone else has watched her solely and my mom was getting really worried about her. After getting her back and her being terrible again, I made a call to our Dr. at home. I expressed my fear.

At her two month appointment he had said she looked good and she had gained weight so he wrote it off again as colic. So when I called him I think and still think that he just doesn't get what she does and that its not colic. She wants to eat and can't and when she does she is in pain. Makes me so sad for her and makes me feel terrible that I lose my patience with such a small little being when its completely not her fault. My patience is so far gone and my poor kids, really are feeling the brunt of this. Well the dr. is at least appeasing me and we are getting her some xrays and hopefully an ultrasound tomorrow and maybe we'll start to get some answers. I am so tired, emotional and physically and I know she is too. I hope she can get better soon.

She tries so hard to be happy.

My good friend Erin Householder snagged this picture of Brielle at the 4th of July. Look how small she.

0 comments: