Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Letter

Here's our Christmas Card for those I didn't have addresses for:


I didn't send a letter out to anyone so here's a brief update on what the Allen's have been up to this past year.

First of course, the biggest news of the year was our newest addition to the family as everyone is well aware. Brecklynn Shea made her entrance July 21st- a whole week early. She weighed 7lb. 9oz and had light brown hair. Nothing like her siblings. In fact we still can't figure out who she looks like. She has just recently found her tongue and constantly blows bubbles and babbles all day. She has become a very content little baby and loves her siblings. She is a very smiley baby and loves attention.

Ridge celebrated his 2nd birthday this year. What a ham he is. He has the funniest faces, stances, and is talking up a storm. He joins my preschool this year, which has both been good and bad :) He is a bit young and it shows, but he also loves the interaction with the other kids. He still has a strong love of tractors and if he could, he would watch them with his daddy on his computer all day. His sisters absolutely adore their brother and he adores his sisters. They all have the cutest relationships.

Cambree is the big 3 1/2. I cannot believe how old she is. She has become my little mom. She shocks me daily with her mature comments to her little brother to make him feel better or explain something to him. She is a huge help with Brecklynn. She also helps me now fold clothes, clean and cooks. She's at the age where all of that is fun-so I'll take any help I can get :) Unfortunately she has pretty much outgrown naps, but that has also brought out some special moments for her and me. She's enjoying her last little bit of nursery as she graduates at the first of the year, which is so weird to think. Dancing, singing, and drawing are all things she still loves. If she can get her hands on a piece of paper and a pen, she'll be happy. She loves to take food orders for people and 'write' them down. I just love watching her grow up but sad about the whole thing as well.
Pump

Curtis made a huge change this year by moving from the family business at Allen Pump Company, to the new Vining Funeral Home. It was a HUGE decision, but this has been something Curtis has always enjoyed doing. Its a huge change from his outside dirty work, to in the office in suits all day, but he's great with families and is such a hard worker. We're very proud of him. Besides his work life, he is so involved with his kids. I have to say I think Brecklynn is a true Daddy's girl. She LOVES him. She will constantly stare at him in hopes he'll look her way and talk to her. She giggles and talks to him for so long. Of course, he has such a special relationship with Cambree and Ridge too. He is so patient with them and you can see how much he loves them and how much they love their daddy.

I have been busy with 3 kids. Its not been nearly as hard as I expected. My hardest thing is getting them all on the same schedule. We haven't mastered it but hopefully soon. In preschool this year, I have 13 kids (Cambree and Ridge included). Its been a lot of work, but I LOVE what I do and love that I get to have that interaction with my kids.

Overrall we've been very blessed this year and excited to see what the next year brings for us. We wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!



1 comments:

Rachel said...

It's really crazy how much things have changed in one year and how much our kids have grown up!